How to Feel Confident with Your Special Talents

Do you have a special talent? I bet you do! As my third grade music teacher said when he made me a listener, "Everyone has a special talent, Carol Ann. Yours is listening." Ah, the good old days, when my only sin was singing Shenandoah off key. But poems sing, and giving advice can be a talent, and the good folks at wikiHow have created a forum where you can learn how to do almost anything. In the spirit of wikiHow, Daniela Olszewska and I collaborated on a book of poems based on wikiHow entries. Each title is taken directly from a wikiHow article; from there we went rogue, imagining warped worlds' worth of wicked advice. This is our special talent, and the result is How to Feel Confident with Your Special Talents, just out from Black Lawrence Press, with beautiful cover art from Corinne May Botz.

Comments